Vivian + County Fair

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our little girl turned 2 last week. We are smitten with her sweet voice and love to hear her chatter!
She is busy and loves her brothers. She declares "where's the boys"? if they are not in her sight.

Her official party is this coming weekend & I did "whip" up a tiny 3 layer cake to celebrate her day!
{love this set of 3 petite cake pans!}

***The dress above was found in my grandmother's cedar chest. My mom didn't know the dress was ever saved, Grandma Irene never mentioned it. It was my Mother's dress and my dear Great Aunt Eva made it. Aunt Eva passed away when I was 7 or 8.  Sadly, she passed away at a fairly early age. I remember bits & pieces of the short time that I knew her.

She was the forerunner of "chalk art", her penmanship was incredible. She would sharpen her chalk and write bible verses & thoughts on a little chalkboard hanging on the side of her kitchen cupboard. She also was an avid flea marketer and had a booth to sell her vintage finds. I affectionately declared my style some years ago "Aunt Eva Style". 

 The County Fair was one of the two last hurrahs before school starts!......We went early as in hardly- no- one- there- early! Easier to take pictures and no lines for the rides. Much more pleasant during this time.....
The boys loved the vintage tractors, animals & exhibits. Of course, we liked the 1/2 off tickets to ride the rides ;)
 I had fun picking out fun things to photograph.......
Here's to a cotton candy summer ending.....we are truly blessed by our little family. Yes, it's hectic at times {to say the least :) } but, it's the little things that make our world go around.
{p.s. the candy comes in bags, not on cute paper cones, oh dear--}

Are you ready for fall, warm soup and stacks of firewood? It's coming.......

4 comments:

Miss B. said...

What a beauty! Great shots Kara and a wonderful story, I think I would have liked your Aunt quite a lot:)


jackie said...

I cannot believe your little one is already 2 years old! It seems like yesterday she was born.....time flies by to fast!
I love her cute little hand me down dress. What a sweet story...thank you for sharing!

deborah said...

That dress is so neat! What a fantastic find. And I enjoyed the info about your Aunt Eva.

Aaah, the county fair. I think it's so fun to take my kiddos. I was delighted to get to take them to the Darke County Fair this year. :)

Sew a Fine Seam said...

That dress of your Mom's is so fun! What beautiful work - I don't often have the patience for stuff like that - like pretty much never! Love the look - how fun that the dress is still around! Vivi can pass it on to HER little girlie!