Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint

Monday, January 9, 2012


On Christmas morning I was notified that I won a basketful of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, waxes & a brush {a very cute brush I might add!} from French Hen Farm via Di Lucca Designs. Thank you! Thank you!

I entered the contest knowing very little about this paint. I thought it was simply "chalkboard paint" in different colors. The paint is that, BUT after researching it and getting a friend's input, this paint is so much more. Where in the world was this paint in May of 2010? I was painting away and the latex stuff just peeled off. I tucked my paint brush away I was done with painting furniture.

Then I found Miss Mustard Seed, just a month or so ago. This particular post about Annie Sloan Chalk paint sold me and I have yet to open the can! If she can paint 5 pieces of furniture with this miracle paint, in two days--- I can at least paint one piece today! *NOTE: I PAINTED A PIECE TODAY & LOVE IT! Of course it's a petite little table and it's almost dry and I'm chompin' at the bit to sand it! :)


We went out to eat with our 3 kids Saturday night to a not-so-kid-friendly place. The restaurant, Amici's, was yummy, but recent press sent this wee little place into a zoo and the waitress had to serve all the tables by herself. "Whew", for us & "whew" for her!

Miss Vivi decided to go say" hello" to a patron and lo & behold, I knew her. She owns the shop Alley Cat Chic and mentioned to me she now carries the paint! Well, how convenient for us, we are close to Kettering, Ohio.

I might add that Annie Sloan has finished more of her website and all the new info is great. They have a page of all the stockists, and lots of areas in the U.S. are represented.

Have a happy week!
xo
"The Creative Director"

3 comments:

Sew a Fine Seam said...

I must get my hands on some of that paint! Does anyone in the us carry AS fabric??? I want some of that too,

Unknown said...

What great paint! We are hopefully going to be moving soon and I will have some painting to do...

Sue said...

Hope you have great fun with this paint! The dark wax takes some getting used to, but mixing it with some mineral spirits seems to do the trick. I have a few more things to start working on- have to finish my purging and cleaning first! I keep asking myself if I'll ever get done with THAT project!
Haven't tried Amici's yet, but I've heard good things. I've been buying my ASCP in Tipp from Jean (a mini stockist) at Past Perfect. I need to stop in Terri's store to see if I can find some treasures. Stay warm- it's cold outside! :-) Sue