Luke's B-day & Thanksgiving in Washington D.C.

Monday, December 1, 2008
















Checking in after every one's busy last week! We
celebrated Luke's 3rd birthday. This age is fun as he knows what Birthdays are all about now. We celebrated with a ship theme {sorry for blurry pics it was evening and didn't want to use flash plus left my memory card @ the shop so couldn't use my camera....grrrr} I used old graphics of ships for his invitation. We had salt water taffy in party cups that had a banner that said "Because where your treasure is, there your heart is also." I did little wooden treasure boxes filled with treats for Darcy's kids. I found the wrapped chocolate coins for display. The ship on cake was a model ship from Joanne fabrics which my hubby spray painted entirely. Sailor hats made out of our mercantile paper bags from the store. I made them for the kids plus Luke's Snoopy. Whew, then on to our trip to D.C.

Washington D.C.
One of our favorite displays for the Christmas season was at the botanical gardens. A landscape architect who is also a model train enthusiast did quaint fairy-like buildings plus the famous monuments & buildings from D.C. out of plant materials. Imagine the time. They were so detailed plus there was a train that ran around the woodland wonderment. This was a beautiful place and loved the smell of fresh plants!

Thanks Darcy & Sara for running the shop while I was gone. I do hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving and today marks the first day of December which starts the Advent. Blessings to you all this 1st day of the Christmas Season.

Up next: Lola B's visit {kasey} and Darcy's Birthday!!

Kara














2 comments:

Kasey said...

looks like you had a wonderful time.
k-

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

Sounds like a beautiful trip. 3 is a special age! I loved that age of discovery and awareness. They grow up so fast!